Monday, February 15, 2010

Utah

Richard, Cooper, and I went to Utah last week. My SWEET, WONDERFUL mother kept the girls here in Little Rock so that we could have a little fun and start our house hunt. That's right.....we are moving to UTAH!! Richard received a job promotion back in January and he is now the Regional Business Director (RBD) for the Great West. This has been a dream of his for a long time and I am so happy to see him reach a major goal that he set for himself. Of course it is VERY hard for me to leave the comfort of Little Rock and all of our wonderful friends (who are more like family to us). We will not move until our house here sells, so I am thinking that we will not be moving until sometime this summer--but who knows, it could take much longer for us to sell our house.


It was Cooper's first time to fly. He thought it was so cool!! He really was such a good kid the whole time we were gone. I think he enjoyed getting all the attention (but he did tell us several times that he missed Emily!!)

Right before take-off:



Our lay-over was in Las Vegas. We were able to see Hoover Dam from the plane...pretty cool!!



While we were in Utah there was no snow in Salt Lake City. It did not snow in Park City until the morning we were leaving. But there was a TON of snow in Little Rock. School was canceled for 2 days and my neighbor had to take Emily to school because my mom could not get out of our driveway!! It was as if we had switched climates during the time we were gone!

We had the best day skiing in Park City on Monday. The sun was shining and the sky was so pretty. Cooper went to ski school for the first time and Richard and I went skiing together. It had been 20 years since Richard last skied and 12 years for me. I think Richard was impressed that I am a better skier than him!! He fell about 10 times and I did not fall at all!! I will have to say that skiing at 32 and out-of-shape is a lot harder than skiing at 20 and in perfect shape!! I was SO sore the next day!! It was worth it though...Richard and I had the best time with it being just the 2 of us and not a care in the world. It was a great date!! (with ski school for Cooper, lift passes, and ski rental, it was the most expensive date ever--but worth every penny!!)

Cooper all dressed and ready to ski


having fun on the slopes



Cooper in ski school (he did great, but he will need several more lessons before he is ready to ski with us)




Utah is a beautiful place and everyone was so friendly!! Moving there is going to be scary but also very exciting for us. I am trying to look at it as a big adventure. We are planning to buy a house big enough for lots of visitors, so please start planning a time to come see us once we get moved and settled in!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're moving to Utah?! That's so exciting!!! You know, it's only a 9 hour drive from Denver...... So, we would love to see you guys once you're all settled in. Also, glad to see you getting those kids on the slopes! Next time you have to take Emily - she's just about old enough to start shredding. Remember when we were kids and skiing? Ha! Good times.

Sugar said...

Oh my word...I didn't know you were moving!! Congrats to Richard on the job promotion....that's wonderful, Karen. And what a great attitude you have about moving too. Your kids are at a perfect age too. Keep me posted--and love the new pictures of Lucy. So sweet!

The Garners said...

Oh wow--I'm behind on reading your blog!!! Congratulations on your husband's promotion--that's so exciting! I would imagine a move with three kids would be scary, too, so I'll be praying for you guys as you make the transition.

The ski trip looks like so much fun. I've only been once but would LOVE to go again!