Monday, May 17, 2010

Missing him.....

3 years ago today my Dad passed away. Oh how I miss him. The kids are so sweet to ask about PawPaw and Cooper really does have some good memories of the two of them. I will never forget how much my Dad loved being a Grandpa! Once Cooper came into the world, it was as if my Dad's life was a little brighter. He loved Cooper so much and it showed!! He loved Emily too, but there was definitely an extra special place in his heart for Cooper. I wish he was here to see Lucy--he wouldn't believe how spunky she is!

The wonderful thing I have learned through all of this is that you have nothing without the HOPE and LOVE of Jesus. I know that my Dad is up in heaven smiling down on me. I KNOW he is in a better place. So if I get sad that my Dad is no longer here, I just have to remember that I will see him again. He is in a perfect place where we all long to be.

I have realized that I did not take many pictures of my Dad, so I do not have many to chose from when I make this yearly post. I do have lots of video of Dad and the kids. It's fun to watch those! Here are a couple of pictures. The last one is very blurry but I love that picture!!


No comments: