Thursday, March 12, 2009

Big News

Today has been a fun day. Richard was not able to be at the appointment, so one of my best friends (Amie) was nice enough to go with me. It was great having her there with me, but I told her not to watch when they weighed me (I have already gained SO much weight and of course Amie is about the size of my little finger!!). Richard did not want me to tell him over the phone (he had to be in Texarkana at 8:00 this morning) so I had to wait until he got home tonight to tell him and the kids.

To make it more fun for the kids, I planned a scavenger hunt throughout the house. Richard and the kids went all over the house finding clues and the last clue led them to a box full of cookies. The clue said something about open the box and what do you see--is it pink or is it blue?? Here is what they found:







That's right....they are PINK!!!! We are having a girl!!! We were a little shocked at first (we both really thought it was going to be a boy) but we are very excited to have another sweet girl and for Emily to get to have a sister! Now all we have to do is come up with a name!

Please continue to pray for a healthy baby.




3 comments:

Sugar said...

yay!! a girl!!! congrats....you're so much more creative than me---and you have so much more energy! i'm so glad you're doing well.
take care,
sugar

the alder boys said...

Yeah Karen! I am so excited for you! Two girls will be so much fun!
Oh, I KNOW how tiny you are and now I am wondering just how tiny Amy can be! Hahaha!
Congratulations on another sweet baby girl!

The Garners said...

Yey!!! How exciting! And what a fun way to tell your sweet family--I'm sure they loved that!