Sunday, March 8, 2009

Long Time, No Post

So....it has been a while since I have made a post. We have been SO busy. Our life has pretty much been full of just ordinary stuff so I haven't really had anything that exciting to post about. I am finally feeling better and I am so thankful to not be throwing-up anymore!! We find out (hopefully) in 4 days if we are having a boy or a girl. I will make a post on Thursday as soon as a can!!

The most exciting thing that we've had going on is that we took a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!! The trip was provided by Richard's company for the top 5 reps in the company. It was absolutely FABULOUS! We stayed at a resort called the Esperanza--the room we stayed in cost almost $1000 a night. It was so nice that I can't even put it into words. I spent most of my time by the pool, looking out at the ocean and seeing whales jumping out of the water. It was so nice to do nothing but relax and be pampered. While at the pool, women would give you a foot or shoulder massage and everyone waited on you hand-and-foot!! It was the perfect getaway. I told Richard that he was going to have to win this award every year.


This was the view from our room:










We had such a great time, that we really did not want to come home. We had a friend of ours (Rachel) babysit part of the time and my mom keep the kids the rest of the time. We got off of the plane in Little Rock at about 11:15 pm on Tuesday night. Richard had a message on his phone from my mom that Cooper had been throwing-up since 7:00pm. NOT REALLY WHAT WE WANTED TO COME HOME TO!! My kids have never had the stomach bug, so this was all new to us. Poor Cooper did not feel good at all, but he really did good to make it to the bathroom when he got sick. (He must have been paying attention for the last 8 weeks while I have been sick). I spent the entire day Wednesday doing about 8 loads of laundry and getting our house back to normal. Thank goodness my mom was able to stay longer and continue to take care of Cooper. Late Wednesday night, we realized that Cooper had not gone to the bathroom all day. Of course we were concerned about dehydration. After talking to a nurse from his doctor's office, she recommended that I take him to the ER for IV fluids. After a lot of tears from Cooper, I was finally able to get him to go tee-tee. I was so thankful that we did not have to go to the ER--especially since I had to work the next day and Richard was out-of-town.

We are finally totally back to normal at our house. Cooper was completely better by Thursday afternoon. I know my mom was glad to get to go back home--Thanks mom for helping out so much!! Richard had his 37th birthday yesterday, but due to all that has been going on the last week we did not do too much to celebrate. The kids were very concerned that Daddy did not have a birthday cake, so I guess we will have to make one sometime this week.

Remember to check back on Thursday for the latest update on our "turtle bug".

2 comments:

the alder boys said...

I'm SO jealous of your vacation! It sounds fabulous!! We also had the stomach bug here and unfortunately mine are not big enough to throw up in the toilet! Yuck!
I can't wait to hear what you are having!! Keep us posted!!

Sugar said...

Hi Karen,

I'm anious to know what you're having!! Please tell us!

Sugar