Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

When we found out we were moving to Texas, I wondered if we would ever see much snow here. Well...lucky for us we got 5 inches of snow yesterday. The kids are out of school today and having so much fun playing with all of their friends.

This is what our house looked like about 3 hours after the snow started falling.


Cooper had his ski goggles to wear...and Emily wanted to wear her goggles too. (her swim goggles)



Richard and the big kids tried to build a snowman.




I thought Emily looked so cute in her snow suit.


Lucy was not a big fan of the snow. I held her outside while it was pouring down snow. She just kept looking around like "what is all of this white stuff". I tried to get her to touch it and she wanted no part of that! After I brought her back in, she stayed by the door and kept pointing outside. I think she will really like it if it snows again next year!


I don't have any pictures of this, but the most fun of the day was when we went sledding! There is a big hill on the golf course right by our house, so that is where we (and most of our neighbors) spent the whole day. The kids had a great time (and so did Daddy!!) After a few hours of playing outside it was time for everyone to come inside and warm-up! We had some friends over for dinner. It was a perfect day!

1 comment:

jilljohnandhope said...

So fun! We will have to head to your hills next time! There aren't any over here! And, I absolutely love Emily's goggles.