Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve Surprise

I am going to make a couple of "Christmas" post since I have so many pictures. We had a wonderful Christmas this year!! The kids are at such a fun age right now. Christmas really seemed magical this year. We tried to take a couple of pictures of the kids before we left to go to church, but they were not too excited about smiling for the camera. (I did get one cute one)





After church, we went out to dinner. It was nice to not have to cook a meal or to have to clean-up a mess. So, when we got home we tried a few more family pictures--it went a little better this time.










Cooper wanted to take a picture of our "Elf on a Shelf" since this was his last night with us this year. His name is Buddy and he has really helped everyone behave much better this holiday season. We can't wait to see Buddy again next year!!



OK....now for the SURPRISE......I gave Richard a gift on Christmas Eve that he will never forget! (I have to tell you that these pictures are a re-enactment since I was video taping the "big surprise"--I was not able to catch the moment on my camera)



Yes, those are baby bottles! I am PREGNANT!!! Richard was so excited to open his gift of baby stuff and a sweet note that we are expecting baby #3!!! We have been praying for so long about the possibility of a third baby--but we were a little surprised by how quickly our prayer was answered!! It is really early on in this pregnancy (5 weeks), but please pray for a healthy baby and a pregnancy without throwing-up or zits!!! Cooper and Emily were not too excited at first, but I think they are starting to warm-up to the idea of a baby. Emily now says that she has a baby in her tummy too!!

I wish that I had more pictures to post of Christmas Eve and the presents that the kids opened that night, but after the shocking news we all just sat around and could not believe that we are going to have 3 kids!!! (I still can not believe it!!) So while we (mostly my mom) were in shock, the kids opened tons of presents (some they were not supposed to open) and none of it was captured on film. I wish I had a picture of my mom from that night--TOTAL SHOCK!! She was basically speechless. I think she is finally getting used to the idea of a third baby. I know by September she will be ready.

One more thing....to my good friends that read this blog that have not received a phone call from me about this pregnancy. I am sorry that I have not called--I promise that you have been on my mind, I just have not a chance to call yet. My only free time is around 10:00-11:00 pm and I know that you do not want me to call then. I promise to call, but in the meantime.....PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!! Love you all!!!

1 comment:

The Garners said...

Ahhhhhh--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for your family! That's great news! I'll be praying for you all. I was catching up on blogs tonight and I was so happy to read your pregnancy news and the pregnancy news of another friend on my blog list--Gretchan Jennings! I guess y'all will be due within about a week of each other, so I'll be thinking about both of you! Will you find out boy or girl?