Monday, April 13, 2009

Healthy Baby

I know that I should have made a post on Thursday but I have been really busy. Everything went great at our appointment (except having to wait for 2 hours!!) and we have a healthy baby girl growing inside me. They called on Friday to let me know that all of my lab work came back negative, so that was a big relief.

We did find out that I have an anterior placenta. It is not a big deal, but that is why I have not been feeling her move as much as I thought that I should be. Basically, the placenta usually (70% of the time) is located on the spine side of your uterus. But with an anterior placenta it is located on the stomach side of your uterus. That means that when she is kicking, the placenta acts as a cushion or "pillow" between us.

They used the 4D ultrasound for a few pictures of her face and although she was cute, she looked a lot like E.T. It will be neat when they can do that again once she has some more fat on her. Right now she weighs about 10 oz. I can promise you that my stomach looks like she weighs about 10 lbs!! I am huge!!

3 comments:

the alder boys said...

Hahaha!!! Huge! I am laughing out loud!! I need to show you a picture of me pregnant with the twins. I have one from 30 weeks but after that I wouldn't let a camera even in the room! I know you are precious. So glad that baby is doing so good!!

The Garners said...

That's wonderful that she's healthy! What a blessing!

The Coach's Wife said...

Yes I would love the info. My husband and I have talked about going to a different clinic. We would love the info on both if you don't mind. Thank you so much!!!!