Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Little Lucy

I remember back about a year ago when I did a blog post titled TROUBLE...of course it was all about Lucy. Lucy is still always up to something! Several of these pictures go back to earlier in 2011 and some happened during the summer of 2011, but I have to post all of these pictures so that I never forget how "busy" Lucy was as a toddler.

How could this sweet face every do anything wrong?


One of her favorite things to do is to go into Emily's closet and very quietly pull all of her clothes off of the hanger!! She knew she was in trouble in this picture. (at least I caught her before she had pulled ALL of the clothes down!)


She has not done this in a while, but she used to think this was really fun....(those are the big flowers that are in Emily's room, she pulled them all out of their pots and the grass too!)


she got in trouble for this


A lot of times while she was "busy", she was busy being cute!

Like coming downstairs dressed like a bunny rabbit!


or making funny faces while I try to get a picture


or getting all dressed up and telling me it's time to go!!

or climbing on top of the desk and showing me pictures of her on the computer!


or jumping off the diving board at the pool about a 100 times, sometimes when no one was there to help her swim to the ladder!



Sometimes things weren't cute or even funny. Sometimes little Miss Lucy can really scare her Mommy!!

Like the time she walked on the hot driveway with no shoes on and got 2nd degree burns on the bottom of her feet!! ( the pictures do not show how bad her feet looked--poor girl!)


And definitely the MOST scary thing she did was pull her dresser over in her room. I was not in there and I only heard a small crash. I thought she had fallen, but I didn't think it was any big deal. When I finally made it down to her room, this is what I saw............

I was so glad she was not hurt! But still to this day, I can not figure out how she did this!!

But then there is the sweet side of Lucy that melts my heart. Probably one of my most favorite things, was when I walked into our closet on night and found her little shoes put perfectly on daddy's shoe shelf......melt.my.heart.


And before we took her paci away back in August, this is how she would sleep every night. One paci in her mouth, and then one on each index finger. SO.CUTE.!!!


We love our Lucy!! She definitely keeps us on our toes....and we wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Karen,

I just got your note....how crazy is that??? I found Gretchen photography blog several months ago when I was looking for a person here in Portland to take Hayes' pictures. I liked her stuff before I ever realized she was from AR. Talk about small world. Definitely looking forward to meeting her and Sam this week. Thank you for reaching out to her for me....I appreciate that more than you know!
Take care,
Laura