Sunday, January 24, 2010

5 Months Old

So...I am almost a week late making this post but I do have a good excuse. I have been SO sick with the stomach bug--plus everyone has had it except for Emily. I, of course, had it the worst. I think I am finally starting to feel better and how I pray that our family is done being sick for a very long time!!!

Here it is January and Lucy is already 5 months old! I feel like these months keep going by faster and faster. The big changes this month are that we put away the baby swing and got out some of the bigger toys. Lucy is sleeping through the night (sometimes) and on the nights that she does not she goes right back to sleep after a quick bottle. There are some days that she sleeps from 9:00pm till 10:00am with just a small 3 oz bottle at 5:00am. I still think I would rather her sleep straight through the night and wake-up by 7:30. Oh well, it could be a lot worse! One big thing that happened this month is that Lucy had croup! Cooper and Emily have never had croup so this was our first experience with it. Needless to say, it was no fun. I think she did have a mild case of it (we never had any of those really scary times where she could not breath). It took about a week for her to get over all of it...then came the stomach bug. Like I said earlier, I am praying for a healthy family from here on out!!

Here is Lucy enjoying some time in her jeep and watching Cooper eat lunch.



The jumperoo (she really likes this)



She is still a little too small for the highchair, but she likes being on the same level as the rest of us at meal time.



She has just started sitting up with the boppy behind her. I am hoping she will be sitting by herself pretty soon.


I'm trying to enjoy everyday with Lucy. It really feels like she is growing-up so fast. Knowing that she is our last baby makes me try even harder to enjoy this time with her. Happy 5 months sweet girl!!

No comments: