Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christms Eve/Christmas Day 2009

We had plans on Christmas Eve to drive to Searcy and have lunch with Meme and the rest of Richard's dad's side of the family. It had been raining here for days and we were almost unable to make it to Searcy from Little Rock. The highway was covered with water in several spots, but thanks to our trusty GPS we were able to take some back roads and safely made it there. We had a wonderful lunch with family but we had to leave early to make it to church on time. Again....I did not take one single picture!! We were about home when I realized that we had left our camera at Meme's house--could there be a worse day to not have your camera!!!! I was so upset that we were going to be without our good camera for Christmas morning (we do have another camera but it is not very good quality). So all of our pictures from Christmas morning are not the best, but at least we have pictures!!

The kids went to bed really good on Christmas Eve and we had fun setting out all of the gifts. My mom and Matt (my brother) were here for all the fun too! Here is a picture of all the gifts before the kids got to them.


Cooper and Emily bright and early....bed-head and all!


It is SO hard to get a picture of all 3--you can tell no one was happy about this...


Emily really wanted a Cinderella Barbie from Santa (he brought Snow White too)



Cooper had asked Santa for EVERY Transformer...he got a box full of them!


Santa brought me some new Uggs...I think they are a little too big for Emily


Of course they each got some new dress-up clothes...





Lucy was a little overwhelmed by it all, but after a good nap she felt much better...


I was a little overwhelmed by this....


I actually cooked a great Christmas lunch for us and then Emily and I made cupcakes to celebrate Baby Jesus on His birthday.


Finally Richard's cousin Blake came over and he had our camera with him! I was so happy to see hm and our camera!!


And what night would be complete without a little "circus act" with Richard and the kids.


We had a great Christmas together and I think Mom and Matt enjoyed it too. I promise to take more pictures of the kids with family in 2010. I still have one more "After Christmas" post to make. Hopefully I will get to it tomorrow : )

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What cute pictures....Had a few hours to blog hop this afternoon and enjoyed yours so much....I have a $100.00 giveaway on my blog that ends tonight. Hope you will stop by.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/